- Secure Messaging App Signal Reportedly Toying With Crypto Paymentsby Tanzeel Akhtar (CoinDesk) on January 26, 2021 at 3:01 pm
Staff at the firm are said to be worried the addition would bring bad actors and unwanted regulatory attention.
- Big Guns Back $10M Investment in DeFi’s dYdXby William Foxley (CoinDesk) on January 26, 2021 at 3:00 pm
The funding round, led by Three Arrows and DeFiance Capital, was also joined by Andreessen Horowitz, Polychain Capital and Coinbase co-founder Fred Ehrsam.
- Galaxy, Coinbase Bet $25M on DeFi Using Terra Stablecoinsby Brady Dale (CoinDesk) on January 26, 2021 at 3:00 pm
The backing will help Terraform Labs build more apps on its Tendermint-based blockchain.
- BlackRock’s entry reflects a change in institutional outlook on cryptoby Shiraz Jagati (Cointelegraph.com News) on January 26, 2021 at 2:53 pm
The entry of the world’s largest asset manager into the realm of crypto finance could potentially signal the entry of other big-name players. On Jan. 20, BlackRock, the world’s largest asset manager with over $8.7 trillion assets under management, appeared to have given the […]
- With Yellen confirmed, Treasury moves forward with stalled crypto monitoring ruleby Kollen Post (Cointelegraph.com News) on January 26, 2021 at 2:47 pm
The Treasury has opened the comment period on its self-hosted wallet requirements up for another 60 days. The Treasury's now-infamous proposal to require information on crypto transfers from exchanges to self-hosted wallets is back in motion. Per an announcement from the […]
- Bored with Bitcoin? The BTC bull run is about to return, this indicator saysby William Suberg (Cointelegraph.com News) on January 26, 2021 at 2:32 pm
Analysis of sellers' profits this week increasingly points to an imminent return to upside for BTC/USD. Bitcoin (BTC) hodlers hoping for a return to the bull run may not have long to wait, as a popular indicator gives cause for optimism.As compiled by on-chain monitoring […]
- First Mover: The Smart Money (Literally) Buying Crypto as Harvard Said to Be Holdingby Bradley Keoun (CoinDesk) on January 26, 2021 at 2:25 pm
The brain trust has blessed cryptocurrencies, with endowments for Harvard and other universities reportedly lapping up digital assets. For bitcoin marketeers, it's a new $600B money pot.
- FinCEN Further Extends Comment Period for Controversial Crypto Rulesby Nikhilesh De (CoinDesk) on January 26, 2021 at 2:19 pm
The Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) is further extending a comment period for a controversial proposed rule that would require crypto exchanges to gather and store counterparty information for transactions to unhosted wallets. FinCEN announced the move Tuesday, saying all comments are […]
- Traditional Lenders Extended Millions in Loans to the Crypto Space Through Genesis in Q4by Nathan DiCamillo (CoinDesk) on January 26, 2021 at 2:01 pm
The average loan size for a first-time lender on the platform is $3.2 million, Genesis said.
- American Cancer Society launches first-ever Crypto Cancer Fundby Sam Bourgi (Cointelegraph.com News) on January 26, 2021 at 2:00 pm
The American Cancer Society and The Giving Block have created a new research fund that accepts crypto donations. In collaboration with crypto donations company The Giving Block, the American Cancer Society has set up the Cancer Crypto Fund, which seeks to raise at least $1 […]