Steemit.com is a game changer
It will become if not already the hot spot of Blockchain and Cryptocurrency technology.
Besides a great community of content creators, Smart Media Tokens (SMTs) will be the main factor in adding value to the Steem blockchain.
Using traditional apps, you have limited privacy and rights and also none of them are built to enrich the community members but instead to enrich themselves.
They will use your data and the content you create only to make money for themselves.
Clearly, most content creators will look at different ways to make something out of their hard work and dedication by creating high-quality content and sharing it with the world.
There is no argument that Facebook is the world’s largest, and arguably most influential, social media platform.
But, when was the last time Facebook paid a community member for liking someone’s content?
As of the fourth quarter of 2018, Facebook had a wapping 2.32 billion monthly active users.
However, the Facebook stock dropped by more than 3 percent Friday, Sept. 28, 2018 after the company revealed more than 50 million accounts might have been affected by a security breach.
The data breach involved the platform’s “View As” feature. Facebook reset the logins of more than 90 million accounts as the first step in dealing with the hack.
Smart Media Tokens (SMTs) offers
A new way for publishers to monetize their online content and community, based on battle-tested blockchain technology.
Giving other platforms a way to integrate the Steem Blockchain technology for publishers to monetize their online content and community is what we all been waiting for,
This is what will bring value to the Steem blockchain A Token Protocol for Content Websites, Applications, Online Communities and Guilds Seeking Funding, Monetization and
Decentralized apps offer a solution based on blockchain technology.
Dapps link developers and users directly, without middlemen hosting software or managing user data.
These customer-developer networks are more transparent, equitable, and resilient than traditional apps—with all parties incentivized to treat each other well as they rapidly innovate.
Thousands of dapps are built on protocols like Ethereum, EOS, Tron and quite a few others.
To my understanding, there are some five hundred dapps already running on the Steem blockchain too.
You can check on this website a list of popular dapps.
Here are some Popular decentralized apps running on the steem blockchain.
- Steepshot Decentralized photo sharing
- Actifit Incentivizing healthy living by rewarding activity
- Busy Blockchain-based rewards social network platform.
- Fundition Next-generation, decentralized, peer-to-peer crowdfunding and collaboration platform
- SteemIt Blockchain-based rewards platform for publishers.
- SmokeDecentralized cannabis network
- Crypto-decentralized video platform.
- Steem Monsters A collectible trading card game
- Utopian Rewards platform for open-source contributors.
- DLive Dlive.io is another popular app Similar to Twitch.tv, it allows users to watch live video streams.
Having a good number of decentralized apps (dapps) on the ecosystem is essential for raising the value of the Steem blockchain.
Let us take as an example the Ethereum blockchain.
Ethereum was proposed in late 2013 by Vitalik Buterin. He is a cryptocurrency researcher and programmer.
Ethereum Development was funded by an online crowdsale that took place between July and August 2014.
The system went live on 30 July 2015, with 72 million coins “premined”.
- The price of Etereum at the time of writing this article 10pm 2/23/2019 is $157.46
- The total supply is 104,979,533 ETH with a value of $16,530,911,429 USD
- According to https://www.stateofthedapps.com, the number of dapps running on the Ethereum blockchain is 1846
Clearly, SMTs will be a game changer in adding value to the Steem blockchain as many more dapps will be developed and released to the public.
“When SMTs will finally be developed and released to enthusiasts and the ecosystem will have near 2000 dapps running, surely the price will shoot up to the moon.”
Being advertised massively by influencers and its content creators alike, a good number of new members register every day.
- The number of registered accounts as of today stands at 1,225,760
- The price of steem is $0.35 with an ATH of over $8
- Circulating Supply 313,626,141
- Total Supply 330,600,235
I personally believe and this is not financial advice, that my $10 rise by 2020 is pretty optimistic, considering that Ethereum is now at over $150 with the 1846 dapps ecosystem.
How many new tokens are generated by the blockchain?
Starting with the network’s 16th hard fork in December 2016, Steem began creating new tokens at a yearly inflation rate of 9.5%.
- The inflation rate decreases at a rate of 0.01% every 250,000 blocks, or about 0.5% per year.
- The inflation will continue decreasing at this pace until the overall inflation rate reaches 0.95%.
- This will take about 20.5 years from the time hard fork 16 went into effect.
Check the FAQ page for more information
Want to know more and learn how to use the Steemit platform?
Check this article You will find some information related to how to use the platform.
Thank you very much for taking the time to read
Follow me on Steemit username @greatvideos